Monthly Archive for: ‘April, 2020’
1 T olive oil
1 c onion, diced
½ c each red & yellow pepper, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 – 15 oz cans black beans, drained & rinsed
2 T lime juice
1 – 14 oz can coconut milk
2 c chicken or vegetable stock
1 T garam masala
½ T curry powder
s & p
4 c fresh spinach, chopped
¼ c fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Sauté onions & peppers in oil, 8 mins, add garlic & cook 2 mins more.
2. Transfer to pot, add beans & lime juice, lightly mash about ¼ of beans with fork or masher.
3. Stir in coconut milk, stock, spices, s&p & cayenne then bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer for 20 mins.
4. Right before serving, stir in spinach & let wilt 1-2 mins.
5. Serve over rice or other grain, sprinkle with fresh cilantro & dollop of sour cream.