1/2 T - olive oil or butter
1/4 cup - onion, diced to 1/2”
2 cups - carrot, evenly sliced into thin rounds
1 T - fresh ginger, minced 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth salt & pepper to taste
1/2 tsp orange zest
1. Heat oil or butter over medium heat.
2. Add onion, carrot & ginger.
3. Sauté until vegetables are soft (6-8 minutes).
4. Add remaining ingredients, except orange zest.
5. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, simmer 15 – 20 minutes until carrots are very tender. Add more broth if needed to keep carrots covered.
6. Puree soup in blender or food processor.
7. Add zest just before serving.