March 21, 2011
Cate Smith, Director/Executive Chef
Water through your hands..
How much energy does it take to get clean water to you?
- About 56 billion kilowatt-hours. Enough electricity to power more than 5 million homes.
- AND, water facilities release approximately 116 billion pounds of CO2 per year (as much as 10 million cars).
Ways to reduce your water waste
- Don’t let the faucet run – wasting 2 gallons per minute!
- Fix leaks - a leaky faucet can waste 10 - 100 gallons a day.
- Run the dishwasher when it’s FULL.
• Hand washing uses more water than a fully loaded dishwasher.
• Energy Star dishwasher can save 5,000 gallons of water over hand washing.