May 2, 2011
Leslie Phillips, Director of Business Development & Client Relations
How much water do we waste?
- Down the drain…goes 95% of the water entering our homes.
- You’ll waste 4 gallons if you run the tap while brushing your teeth.
- Older toilets? Use 2 gallons more (over 3 gallons) than new with every flush.
- Many people exist on 3 gallons of water per day (or less). We can use that amount in one flush of the toilet.
- Leaky faucets – at one drop per second waste up to 2,700 gallons each year.
- Turn it off, fix leaks, think of water as the precious resource it is!